Welcome to the Society for Disability Studies
SDS is a lively scholarly association of more than 400 artists, scholars and activists who promote Disability Studies, recognizing disability as a complex and valuable aspect of human experience. (read more)
News from SDS
- Please sign the petition to support the Disability Treaty by clicking here.
- We are launching an organizational membership campaign. An org membership in SDS carries many benefits and fosters conversations "at home" around disability issues.
- SDS is gearing up for Minneapolis and is pleased to publish the 2014 call for papers.
- SDS is teaming up with the ADA Legacy Project for a special issue of DSQ marking the 25th Anniversary of the ADA.
- Information about Sponsorship, Advertising and Exhibiting opportunities for the SDS 2014 Conference is now available .