SDS is fully committed to making its sponsored events and activities accessible to all participants (with or without) disabilities. In doing so, SDS will:
- arrange to have each session and sponsored activity interpreted by an experienced sign language interpreter
- Arrange to have captioning available for each session and activity
- Arrange to have assistive listening devices available for participants based on request
- Make the conference program available in alternative formats such as Braille, large print or electronic
- Have personal care attendants available for conference sessions and activities
- Have referral information available for personal care attendant agencies based on request
- Have referral information available for veterinarian care for individuals bringing service animals
In addition to these steps, SDS has asked each presenter to ensure that his/her presentation is made as accessible to the audiance members as possible. The access letter forwarded to each presenter provides specific tips on how to make presentations accessible.
This page will list contact information for personal care attendent agencies as well as for veterinarians in the area who may be able to help. Please check back prior to the conference for details.