SDS Student Membership
The Society for Disability Studies (SDS) is the first and largest independent, international professional membership organization in the academic field of disability studies. Founded in 1982, SDS now has over 400 members. SDS provides leadership in research, publication, and teaching about the social, cultural, and political dimensions of disability.
Membership forms are available on the SDS website: http://disstudies.org.
Benefits to student members of SDS include:
- Mentoring for students interested in academic and other careers that disability studies training enhances.
- A members-only listserv for discussions and announcements.
- Professional development and networking opportunities at conferences and other events.
Your membership provides the means for SDS to offer:
- Disability Studies Quarterly, a premier peer-reviewed research journal.
- Optimal accessibility and low-cost registration for SDS events.
- An accessible website with resources and member pages.
- Opportunities for the development of disability studies curricula.
- Awards for emerging scholars in disability studies.
Individual and Organizational Memberships:
- To join SDS, please visit our website: http://disstudies.org
- Become a new member now and enjoy benefits through December 2019.
- Student membership is $40 per year.
- No one will be turned away for inability to pay in full. Email us at email@example.com with any questions or requests.
If you’d like to participate in upcoming SDS events and activities, please consider joining SDS at the Individual Member level. Or ask your department to join at the Organizational Member level—organizations can sponsor as many as 10 student members!
Thank you for considering a contribution to SDS’s advocacy and scholarly mission.
Joanne Woiak, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Devva Kasnitz and Susan Fitzmaurice, Executive Office, email@example.com