2020 SDS@OSU Conference
Dear Members and Friends,
Registration is OPEN! Attendees may register at any time. Presenters please notify us by March 20th. Here is the registration form.
SDS@OSU@Zoom Update #3, March 16
We are getting many questions. Let us try to anticipate yours.
ACCOMMODATIONS: The most critical date is that 3/23 is our deadline for you to request ASL
FORMAT: The conference will be held in Zoom Rooms and you will all get detailed instructions and a chance to try it out. You can join by phone or computer or both. There will be session Chairs to facilitate audio and video sharing and Q & A.
RECORDING: We plan to have recordings available for a week for all registrants.
SCHEDULING: Our plan is to use as close as possible to the original schedule of session dates and times.
REGISTRATION: The deadline is March 20th. We understand that many of you are Zoomed out because you are now teaching remotely, but think about joining us with a less formal talk. Address registration questions to Devva email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHEDULING: As we plan to stay as close as possible to the original schedule of session dates and times, please address all scheduling questions to Joanne as soon as you can at email@example.com.
ORGANIZED SESSIONS: Please remember that session organizers are responsible for contacting your group with this information.
FORMAT: We must receive PowerPoints and access copies of your talks by April 1st. For paper panels, prepare your talk as you ordinarily do for a conference presentation. Organizers of workshops and panel discussions: information and more details about the Zoom features available to conduct your session will come shortly. Please contact Devva & Joanne as soon as you can for any questions. If any presenter does not wish to be recorded, please let us know. Poster presenters, instructions are coming.
ACCOMMODATIONS: The most critical date is that 3/23 is our deadline for you to request ASL. Please prepare all slide decks, handouts, access copies, lists of terms, etc. by April 1st. Instructions will follow about where to upload those.
REGISTRATION: There is no deadline for you to register.
FORMAT: You can join us by computer or phone or both.
ACCOMMODATIONS: The most critical date is that 3/23 is our deadline for you to request ASL.
Our planning for SDS@OSU@Zoom pushes on. This is update #1, March 11.
- If you have plane/hotel arrangements, cancel them now. Alaska Air however is only offering no-fee waivers for flights up to 3/31 - their customer service advises waiting to see if that policy will change before you cancel.
- We will supply CART for all sessions and ASL as requested. Request ASL by 3/23!
- If you canceled your presentation with us because of travel, but would like to reconsider, please let us know by 3/15.
- If you don’t want to present remotely, again please let us know by 3/15.
- If you didn’t plan to attend in-person but can come virtually, WELCOME!
- If the switch to online creates any other accommodation need for you, please let us know as soon as possible.
Our old/new Members’ fees are as follows for all 4 days:
- Members, was $190, now $110.
- Student/Low Income Members, was $60, now $40.
If you have already paid, you have a choice.
- Do nothing and we will apply your refund to your 2021 Membership AND give you a 25% discount on the 2021 Membership. I will record it and send you an adjusted invoice for 2021 in December.
- Email me for a refund at SDSKASNITZ@GMAIL.COM. Tell me how you paid and the date if you can.
- If you paid for a guest, that money will be included in your choice.
If you have NOT already paid, you also have a choice. Become a Member and:
- Pay the original fee and we will apply the extra to your 2021 Membership AND give you a 25% discount on the 2021 Membership. I will record it and send you an adjusted invoice for 2021 in December.
- Pay the new reduced fee.
If you do not become a Member, fees are as follows:
- Two day old fee was $210, now $170.
- OSU students remain $20.
- OSU faculty remain $40.
We are clearly encouraging Membership!
Devva, Joanne, Ryan
Devva Kasnitz, PhD, SDSKasnitz@gmail.com.
Executive Director, Society for Disability Studies, PO BOX 5570, Eureka CA 95502 -- She/Her/Hers
Join us virtually in Columbus, Ohio, April 4-7, 2020!
SDS@OSU 2020 Theme: “Troubling Binaries of Activism and Academics”