Hello, SDS @ OSU Sunday Conference Attendees,
Welcome to the second annual collaboration between the Society for Disability Studies and Multiple Perspectives conferences at The Ohio State University.
We look forward to seeing you Sunday, April 7, 2019, 10 am – 5 pm!
Denney Hall, 2nd Floor, on The Ohio State University Campus
Address: 164 Annie & John Glenn Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
ROOM 245 will have the registration & help table: please go there if you have any questions or need assistance.
View Denney Hall on the OSU campus map
Denney is a 10 to 15-minute walk or roll from the Blackwell Inn & Conference Center (Blackwell address: 2110 Tuttle Park Place, Columbus). The OSU buildings are all in Google Maps for a point to point route. The shortest route is accessible and level (no slope more than 4%). The free campus shuttle does not operate on weekends.
- Attendees are asked not to wear fragranced products.
- The automatic-opening door is on the west side of the building.
- There are two elevators.
- A quiet room will be available.
- Attendees are encouraged to use ASL clapping rather than audible clapping.
- Color communication badges will be provided.
- Restrooms on the second & third floors have one accessible stall each. A gender-neutral single-occupant restroom is on the fourth floor.
- The temperature in the building is very warm - we will open the windows.
- Free WiFi is available to OSU guests: http://wireless.osu.edu/
Overview of the event:
- The registration table will open at 9:30 am to pick up the conference program and you're your name badge.
- The first sessions will begin at 10:00 am.
- Lunch is included for those who registered, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm. We will have Middle Eastern food: lentils, hummus, chicken, rice, pita, salad, water/soda.
- Coffee/tea is available for purchase all day next door at the Terra Byte Café (175 W. 18th Avenue, Science & Engineering Library).
- The Paper Workshops in the afternoon are open to all and you are encouraged to read the papers in advance on this site.
- The DISCO Ball will start at 7 pm with dinner in the Blackwell Ballroom (address: 2110 Tuttle Park Place).
The SDS Gang!