For your convenience, SDS memberships are available at Four different levels. These levels are designed to ensure affordability as well as to provide maximum benefits for your financial commitment. Consider these four levels of memberships before joining SDS.
- Life-time membership – $1,450.00
- For a one-time contribution of $1,450.00, life time members can enjoy all the SDS membership benefits for the remainder of their lives. Little more than 10 years of contributions can purchase a life time of membership. Now you can become a life-time member by making your payment over the course of two years. See the benefits page for more information.
- Organizational membership – $350.00
- is a package of benefits designed just for institutions of higher learning or other organizations. For $350 per year, organizational members:
o May nominate up to two student/low-income members for free SDS memberships
o Can post freely to a job page on the SDS website and listserv
o Are listed in the conference program as supporters of SDS
- Professional membership – $135.00
- A full, yearly professional membership to SDS that costs $135.00 each year is designed for professionals who wish to contribute yearly to obtain their membership benefits. This membership level is available for individuals who are working full-time, conducting academic research, artists, activists, or other interested individuals.
- Student/low-income membership – $40.00
- Designed for a full-time student, this membership level only costs $40.00 per year. This membership is set to encourage all students who are planning to pursue disability studies as a profession as well as to encourage young artists, performers, and activists with (or without disabilities) to incorporate the experience of disability in their work. This membership type also encourages participation from individuals who may not be able to afford either a life-time membership or a professional membership. See the the benefits page to learn how organizations can support student learning by sponsoring student members.