IT’S ON US!
Society for Disability Studies
Membership Drive and Year-End Giving Campaign
2016 – 2017
The Society for Disability Studies (SDS, http://www.disstudies.org) has played a central role for over 30 years in fostering critical thinking about disability, enhancing accessibility for disabled people, and developing disability culture.
Now SDS needs your help. It’s on us!
SDS is launching a campaign to sustain our programs and activities.
Please consider renewing or creating a membership and making a tax-deductible, year-end donation:
- Support Disability Studies Quarterly, our premier research journal
- Ensure affordable membership and vital mentorship to young scholars
- Guarantee that our meetings and conference strands are optimally accessible
- Provide a forum for innovative scholarship and collaboration, and recognition for ground-breaking research
- Promote and shape the field of Disability Studies around the world
Your contributions will support our community of researchers, practitioners, and activists in disability-related fields who are committed to education, critical inquiry, employment, arts, and social justice. Now more than ever, we need to protect and enhance our advocacy and scholarship.
This is OUR organization – and now IT’S ON US to support, secure, and grow this treasure.
Renew your membership or create a new membership, and consider making a personal donation today. Please ask your friends, neighbors, colleagues, and organizations to join us as we work to move forward and strengthen our SDS together.
We look forward to working with you to continue the exciting mission that SDS has undertaken.
NOW IS THE TIME to become a part of our endeavor!
You may also download and fill out a form and return it by mail with your check.
Send check to:
Executive Office: email@example.com
SDS Executive Office
PO Box 5570
Eureka, CA 95502
2017 SDS Membership Categories and Dues
All Membership Categories have the same opportunities and obligations within SDS.
All dues amounts are in United States dollars.
No one is denied membership in SDS owing to an inability to pay the established membership dues. Please contact SDS for an alternative payment option or a dues waiver with volunteer opportunities.
Professional Membership $150
This membership category is available for individuals who are working full-time, academic educators or researchers, artists, activists, practitioners, or other interested individuals engaged with disability studies or related fields.
Sustaining Membership $225
Professional Members who wish to support SDS by voluntarily increasing their Professional dues payment by 50% are designated as Sustaining Members and gratefully acknowledged by SDS.
Lifetime Membership $1,500
For a one or two-time contribution totaling $1,500, Lifetime Members can enjoy all the SDS membership benefits for the remainder of their lives. Lifetime Members are gratefully acknowledged by SDS.
Student/Low-Income Membership $40
This membership category is open to any person who qualifies under one or more of the following statuses: High School Student, Undergraduate Student, Graduate Student, Post-Doctoral Studies, Retired, Underemployed, Low/Fixed Income from the Global South, Post-Soviet Societies, Indigenous Colonized Peoples.
Organizational Membership $500
Organizational Membership is broadly available for nonprofit, state, or for-profit academic, research, or other interested institutions. It includes one Professional Membership and up to four Student/Low-Income Memberships
Corporate Membership $5,000
Corporate Membership includes up to five Professional Members. Organizational Members are gratefully acknowledged by SDS.
Donations: IT’S ON US
The SDS 2016-2017 Giving Campaign invites contributions of any amount to our:
- General Fund - The time is now! Please make a year-end contribution in any amount to the General Fund.
- Disability Studies Quarterly (DSQ) Fund - Support our premier open-access journal Disability Studies Quarterly.
- Accommodations Fund (ASL/CART/other) - Support for providing ASL/CART/other accommodations for SDS participants.
- Membership Subsidy Fund - If you would like to assist in sponsoring a student or low-income member who must opt for an alternative payment option, SDS welcomes your donation in any amount.