SDS@OSU REGISTRATION INFORMATION
“All Society for Disability Studies and Ohio State University Multiple Perspectives Registrants may attend all of both events at no extra cost.”
4/17/2021 – 4/20/2021
11/15/20 Conference Registration is Open
11/30/20 Conference Abstracts Due
01/15/21 Conference Acceptances Go Out with Preliminary Program
03/15/21 Presenters’ Membership, Registration, and Accommodation Requests are Due
04/01/21 Final Program Announced
04/10/21 Final Accommodation Requests Due
- SDS Membership is NOT necessary to SUBMIT an abstract but is to PRESENT.
- SDS Membership and Conference Registration are both due by March 15, 2021 to hold your place to PRESENT on the Conference Program.
- SDS will provide CART at all events. Please request ASL or other accommodations ASAP.
- SDS never turns anyone away for lack of funds. Email SDS@disstudies.org to request a partial or full Dues or Registration Waiver.
- Any New or Lapsed Member who joined/s in the fall of 2020 has a promotional Membership through all of 2021. You can log into disstudies.org after 1/1/2021 to confirm your Membership Status.
Organizational Members Registration:
SDS is particularly interested in supporting our Organizational Members, each of which may have a different number of Professional and Student Members. The Lead Organizational Members should think about their group and who they want included in their 2021 Membership renewal, and how many people from their program want to Present or attend the conference. Please then email Devva SDS@disstudies.org for group pricing. The most common will be one faculty at $120 and student Organizational Members at no cost.
Course Pack Registration:
In addition, as we did last year, any Teaching Member Registering for themselves can sponsor any number of their non-presenting students at a deep discount or for a complete fee waiver. Last year almost 100 students were introduced to SDS in this way. Several faculty used the conference as an extra credit or optional assignment in their classes. Plan now for your Spring classes. Write the Conference into your Syllabus Now. The most common will be one faculty at $120 and student Organizational Members at no cost. Please contact Devva at firstname.lastname@example.org for the particulars.
- Professional Member (Conference Registration Only) - $120.
- Professional Member Covid Relief Rate (Conference Registration Only) - $60.
- New Professional International Member (2021 Year of Membership for $40 and Conference is) - $20.
- Student/Community/Retired/Low Income Member (Conference Only for Existing 2021 Members) - $10.
- New Student/Community/Low Income Member (2021 First Year of Membership for $40 and Conference is) - $0.
- Non-Member rate (Conference Only) - $200.
- Organizational Members email Devva email@example.com as above for group pricing.
- Course Pack (for a Registering Member/Teacher to bring their students who are not members, please write Devva firstname.lastname@example.org for options as described above.)
- Other Please write to Devva for any other pricing.